Unininsured / underinsured Motorist Bodily injury (UIM/UM)

In the state of Washington uninsured and under insured motorist are always given together even thou they are two different coverage’s. The uninsured motorist part protects you When you are in a car accident and the other person that is at fault of the accident does not have any insurance, Uninsured Motorist Bodily Injury will cover for all injuries and damages up to your policy limits such as medical treatment and loss of income.

The Under insured motorist part will cover your Bodily injury if the limits of liability the other at-fault driver had were not enough to cover your bodily injury bills. If your injury bills exceeded the at-fault party’s limits of Liability Under insured Motorist Bodily Injury would pay for the amount not covered by the at-fault insurance. This part of the insurance coverage was originally design to cover the gap between the other person’s Liability limits and the amount of your medical injuries and/or expenses. Both of these coverage’s will only payout if the involved driver or owner of the other vehicles are legally liable to pay for the accident ¬†and will only pay up to your limits of liability.